Web hosting is a form of hosting service which allows an individual or organisation to have their website hosted on an online server. Typically web hosting services can be offered through a variety of different type of package and often offer integrated support. A reputable example of online web hosting services is CMS Launcher. This web hosting service offers 24-7 support and affordable web hosting for individuals as well as businesses.
What Are The Different Types Of Web Hosting Available?
One of the main and most popular forms of web hosting available is known as shared hosting. Shared hosting is when several websites from different organisations or individuals are hosted on the same server. This saves greatly on costs overall. In addition to shared web hosting there is virtual private server hosting, dedicated server hosting, cloud hosting etc. There are a number of unique advantages and disadvantages that come as a result of using shared web hosting. The following are some of the main advantages:
- Shared hosting offers greatly reduced costs overall thanks to reduced bandwidth and storage
- Shared hosting still enjoys the benefits of support and maintenance from the hosting provider
- This form of hosting offers flexibility and room for growth for smaller organisations without costing a premium amount
Some of the disadvantages of shared hosting on the other hand are:
- Websites hosted on shared servers are more susceptible to cyber attack as if one website on the server is compromised they are all at risk as they share the same server space.
- If a website grows more than expected it may quickly run out of room/storage on a shared server
- Shared servers may not offer speeds as fast as more premium servers which could affect page loading times overall
What Is VPS Hosting?
VPS stands for virtual private server hosting. A virtual private server offers a individual tailored server for an individual or business. Typically this is one of the most expensive hosting packages that can be offered by a web hosting provider overall. Essentially a virtual private server is one server split into several which offers a range of benefits such as :
- Fast overall server setup
- Fully managed security, maintenance and support
- Faster and enhanced performance compared with alternative hosting packages available
- More control over the server overall if required
What Factors Should Be Considered When Designing A Website For A Business?
When a website is being designed for a business there are a variety of different factors that should be taken into consideration overall to ensure that it meets the right criteria. One of the most important factors that needs to be taken into consideration is overall readability and appearance.
These are some of the first things people take into account when visiting a website. In order to ensure that these factors have a big impact employing the help of an experienced web designer is an excellent way in which to make overall progress.
Another way in which a website can be prepared for a business is ensuring that it’s layout and content is enhanced for SEO overall. Having a website that has been optimised for SEO means that it is considerably more likely to appear higher in the search results online for queries relating to the services the business provides.